Reciprocal Salesperson

The North Dakota Real Estate Commission has reciprocal agreements with the following states: Georgia, Iowa, and Minnesota.

IMPORTANT: To receive a reciprocal North Dakota salesperson license your current broker, in your state of residence, and your firm must first have ND reciprocal licenses.

To receive a reciprocal North Dakota salesperson's license, you must be a resident of and have an active salesperson license in your state of residence. *Individual states may have additional requirements.

The licensing examination is waived under the reciprocal agreement. The application fee for a reciprocal North Dakota salesperson's license is $100 with an $8 credit report fee. Submit to our office a completed application for a reciprocal salesperson license, the license fee, credit report fee (can be submitted with one check) and current (not more than 90 days old) original Certificates of Licensure from any state in which you currently have or have had a real estate license. All applicants must also complete and submit the Personal Authorization for Criminal History Record Check Request form with their application.


Criminal background check:

Each licensee applying for a reciprocal real estate salesperson license must complete and submit the Personal Authorization for Criminal History Record Check Request form with their application. 

Once a Salesperson License Application, fees, and the Criminal History Record Check Request is received by the NDREC office a Fingerprinting Kit will be mailed to you, including:

  1. Instructions
  2. (2) Fingerprint Cards

Upon getting fingerprinted you will need to mail the following back to the NDREC office:

  1. Completed Fingerprinting cards.
  2. Check or Money Order for $40.00 made out to the ND Attorney General.

We will not issue your reciprocal license until proof of errors and omissions insurance has been provided to our office. This can be obtained through RISC group insurance or an insurance carrier of your choice.





Original Certificates of Licensure from each state where you are licensed or have been licensed