- Licensees, with the exception of those recently licensed, are required to complete a total of 9 hours of continuing education each annual continuing education (CE) cycle. See 70-02-04-15. Exemptions from continuing education requirement -- if you have been licensed as a salesperson or broker within the current CE cycle.
- CE cycles begin November 16 of one year and run through November 15 of the following year.
- Continuing education for renewing your license for 2022 must be taken between November 16, 2020 and completed by November 15, 2021.
- There is not a grace period for completing your annual continuing education.
- If you do not have the required number of hours for an active license, you need to renew in the inactive status until you have completed the required education.
- Keep in mind that the continuing education hours you use to activate an inactive license cannot be used to meet the 9 hours of continuing education required each annual CE cycle.
- For the current continuing education cycle (November 16, 2020 through November 15, 2021) there is NO mandatory course. All 9 CE hours can be on any topic offered in a course approved by the N.D. Real Estate Commission.
- Salespersons who have completed the 45 hours needed for pre-license education prior to January 1, 2021 must also complete a total of 15 hours of post-licensure education on any topics from approved CE courses within 12 months of the date they became licensed.
- Those who have completed the 45-hour pre-licensure course have 2 years from the date of completion of their course to apply for a salesperson license.
- While completing the 15 hours of post-licensure, new salesperson licensees are exempt from the 9 hours of continuing education.
- Beginning January 1, 2021, salespersons need 90 hours of pre-licensing education prior to licensure, but do not need 15 hours of post-licensure education. Salespersons who have completed the 90 hours of pre-licensing education and have been licensed in 2021 must complete 9 hours of CE to renew for 2022.
See "Approved Courses" link, at right.