- Licensees, with the exception of those recently licensed, are required to complete a total of 9 hours of continuing education each annual continuing education (CE) cycle.
- CE cycles begin November 16 of one year and run through November 15 of the following year.
- Continuing education for renewing your license for 2020 must be taken between November 16, 2018 and completed by November 15, 2019.
- There is not a grace period for completing your annual continuing education.
- If you do not have the required number of hours for an active license, you need to renew in the inactive status until you have completed the required education.
- Keep in mind that the continuing education hours you use to activate an inactive license cannot be used to meet the 9 hours of continuing education required each annual CE cycle.
- The mandatory course topic for the current continuing education cycle (November 16, 2018 through November 15, 2019) is 3 hours total on safety with cybersecurity.
- Recently licensed salespersons must complete a total of 15 hours of post-licensure education on any topics from approved CE courses within 12 months of the date they became licensed.
- While completing the 15 hours of post-licensure, new salesperson licensees are exempt from the 9 hours of continuing education, and the mandatory course topic is optional.
See "Approved Courses" link, at right.